Saturday, November 3, 2007

Paul Blackthorne - Harry or Terrence

Paul Blackthorne as Terrence on ABC's Big Shots (Thursdays, 10 pm ET).


I'm very rarely home to catch this show as it airs, but I always catch it the next day on ABC's website. I apologize to fans of the series, but I don't care for the show or really pay much attention to the stories. I just watch to see Paul breathe life into his character!


The last episode is another example of his talent: with all of 30 seconds actual on-screen time, he still made me feel sorry for him & his up-coming heartbreak!


THAT'S talent! His performance just emphasizes how underutilized his skill is in this series!! He deserves to be back on his own series bringing Harry Dresden to life! Harry is believable as a person with faults and realistic problems like money issues and bills. He fights his darker inclinations, as we all must do, and tries his best to be a decent human being - which some of us could try a little harder to do.


That's why we're still fighting to get the Dresden Files back on - because it's quality television with a little bit of moral conscience without being preachy, with acting of such quality that we can connect with the characters, and all wrapped up in a different premise that sets it apart from all the current grinding clones that make up the majority of TV these days. Why should we settle for mediocrity when there's something so much better?!


THIS is Paul Blackthorne as Harry Dresden on the Dresden Files.
Bring back a series MUCH more worth watching. MUCH more real. Bring back the Dresden Files with Paul Blackthorne!

2 comments:

LadyT_TNT said...

I couldn't agree more, Zarina. I'd love to see The Dresden File return. I think Paul deserves to have his own show. I swear in Big Shots his name appears longer in the credits than he actually does. I really can't wait to drop the show after all of his episodes are aired. (No offense meant to its fans-- we know how it feels to see a show you like disappear off the schedule! And while I'm at it, no offense meant to Vartan, Titus and McDermott and their fans. Big Shots is a waste of their talent as well.)

Even though I have the DVDs I’ll be watching SciFi’s reruns of Dresden starting on 11/9.

Stephanie said...

Paul Blackthorne doesn't just deserve his own show...he needs to be on the big screen! (Get that Daniel Craig out of the Bond spot, puleeeez....)

At any rate, I wouldn't trust that Terrence as far as I could throw him...I think he has something up his sleeve...

Not that Big Shots is worthy of any analysis...it's so bad it's almost good, that's how bad it is.

It does happen to be conveniently on after Supernatural...which you should definitely check out if you liked Dresden Files.